iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation
The iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Level 1 Teacher Training is designed to provide you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice, and delivery of iRest. It teaches you how to incorporate the simple yet profound 10-step iRest protocol into your life, your yoga teaching, and/or your clinical practice. Yoga Therapy Trainees will be trained and certified in iRest.
The 10 Step iRest Protocol is derived from ancient practices and principles of Yoga Nidra and the yogic nondual wisdom teachings of meditation. It is simple to learn, easy to practice, and is designed to help you meet, greet, and respond to each moment of your life with a sense of equanimity and well-being. This special protocol can be used in a variety of settings, including yoga environments; physical therapy, massage therapy, social work, clinical, and medical establishments; alternative or integrative medical practices; and in-job training and job resiliency programs.
This training introduces you to the principles, practices, and historical background that underlie iRest Yoga Nidra as a comprehensive path of meditation. You’ll learn:
- Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the foundation of iRest Yoga Nidra.
- Background information on how the 38 steps of iRest integrate the philosophies of Samkhya, Patanjali, Advaita Nondualism, and Unqualified Nondual Realization.
- About the evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with various psycho-physical issues and populations.
- How to understand iRest as a comprehensive approach to meditation.
- Guidelines regarding the teacher-student relationship and ethical considerations.
- How to work one-on-one with people in what we call "iRest Co-Meditation Dyads”.
- An introduction to the common language that is used in iRest meditation.
And it includes:
- Scripts and checklists to help you start teaching right away.
- Homework assignments and quizzes to keep you on track.
- Access to a Facebook group where you’ll be able to interact with others who are taking the training.
- Access to quarterly live call-in webinars where you can ask questions with regards to your personal practice and/or teaching of iRest.
The goal of this training is to help you take the teachings of iRest beyond your on-the-mat practice and into your daily life, relationships, teaching, and every challenging circumstance you may find yourself in over the course of your life.